Medical Kiwi has:
- built a strong health-based, scientific and business savvy team
- developed a clear plan for research, product development and distribution
- successfully raised our initial seed fund capital and crowdfunding equity
- signed partnership agreements with global industry-leading companies
- secured a greenfield site for our state-of-the-art facility in Nelson
- completed the fit-out of our Christchurch grow facility
- been granted a Medicinal Cannabis licence from the Ministry of Health to cultivate, manufacture and supply medicinal cannabis.
Medical Kiwi is in a unique position as one of a handful of New Zealand companies poised to create value and carve out a significant share of this emerging and exciting global industry, estimated to reach a value of USD $150 billion by 2025. (Grand View Research, April 2018)
We’re a team committed to scientific, health-based success
We have a strong health-based, scientific and business savvy team leading Medical Kiwi’s exciting future.
Our team of professionals in medicine, biochemistry, governance, investment and sales oversee Medical Kiwi’s operations. Their specialist knowledge, skills and proven corporate governance, combined with the partnerships developed with best-of-breed businesses around the world mean Medical Kiwi has the people in place to achieve our goals and we’re well placed to begin generating revenue from early 2020.
Medical Kiwi co-founders, Aldo Miccio and Peter Win, are a formidable pairing with a proven track record of establishing and growing start-up businesses. Blending Aldo’s governance and Peter’s spirit of innovation, the pair co-founded ASX-listed company New Zealand Coastal Seafoods. Their focus is now on being at the forefront of the medicinal cannabis and wellbeing research and manufacturing industry in New Zealand.
The appointment of Dr David Porter, Consultant Rheumatologist and Dr Michael Packer, Senior Research Scientist, to the Medical Kiwi Board of Directors demonstrates our commitment to science-based production of innovative, high-quality, accessible products. David’s work in the health service treating and working with patients with chronic pain is invaluable to informing our medical research and development of products. Michael’s practical experience and successes give us a great platform to further research and develop solutions for health care issues that are controlled by the endocannabinoid system that cannabis has such a direct influence over.